Covenant Life Fellowship’s facilities were provided through God’s kindness and by the sacrificial generosity of church members. CLF desires that its facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and to bring God glory. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, we make our facilities available to members of CLF and approved non-members as a witness to our faith, in a spirit of Christian charity, and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ in practice.
But facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs or practices that conflict with the church’s faith or moral teachings, which are summarized in, among other places, the church’s constitution and bylaws.
Nor may church facilities be used for activities that contradict, or are deemed inconsistent with, the church’s faith or moral teachings. The elder board or their official designee, is the final decision-maker concerning use of church facilities.
This restricted facility use policy is necessary for two important reasons. First, the church may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or beliefs that are contrary to its faith. Allowing its facilities to be used for purposes that contradict the church’s beliefs would be material cooperation with that activity, and would be a violation of the church’s faith and religious practice. (2 Cor. 6:14; 1 Thess. 5:22.)
Second, it is very important that the church present a consistent message to the community, and that the church staff and members conscientiously maintain that message as part of their witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Allowing facilities to be used by groups or persons who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to the church’s faith would have a severe, negative impact on the message of Christ, which the church strives to promote. It could also cause confusion and potential scandal to church members and the community because they may reasonably perceive that by allowing use of our facilities, the church agrees with the beliefs or practices of the persons or groups using its facilities.
Therefore, in no event shall persons or groups who hold, advance, or advocate beliefs, or advance, advocate, or engage in practices that contradict the church’s faith use any church facility. Nor may church facilities be used in any way that contradicts the church’s faith. This policy applies to all church facilities, regardless of whether the facilities are connected to the church’s sanctuary, because the church sees all of its property as holy and set apart to worship God. (Col 3:17.)
Approved Users and Priority of Use
The pastor or official designee must approve all uses of church facilities. Generally, priority shall be given to church members, their immediate families, and organized groups that are part of the ministry, organization, or sponsored activities of the church. CLF’s facilities and equipment will be made available to non-members or outside groups meeting the following qualifications:
• Groups or persons requesting facility use must affirm that their beliefs and practice and planned uses of the facilities are consistent with the church’s faith and practice.
• The group or person seeking facility use must submit a signed “Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement” form.
• The group or person seeking facility use must be willing to take responsibility for the facilities and equipment used and must agree to abide by the church’s rules of conduct for facility use, as stated below and as described in any additional instructions by church staff.
Facility Use Hours
Facilities are available Tuesday – Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Use outside these hours may be approved by the elder board or their official designee.
Facility use requests shall be made by submitting the “CLF’s Facility Reservation Request and Agreement” form to the church office. The event will be reserved and placed on the church calendar only when the elder board or their official designee approves the use.
Use of CLF’s facilities is subject to a $250.00 maintenance and use fee to pay for the upkeep of church facilities. Church members are not required to pay a fee for usage because maintenance of the facilities is derived from member tithes and offerings.
Facility Use Guidelines:
1. Alcohol Policy: No alcohol may be served in church facilities.
2. Smoking Policy: Smoking in any indoor church facilities is prohibited.
3. Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility that the group has reserved.
4. Food and beverages in classrooms, worship space will be restricted to certain areas. Please communicate with the church’s administrator about this.
5. Church equipment, such as tables and chairs, must be returned to original placement, unless arranged otherwise prior to the event.
6. All lights must be turned off and doors locked upon departure.
7. Clean-up: it is the responsibility of the group using the facility to clean up after themselves. Please refer to the ”Event check out Sheet.”
8. Abusive or foul language, violent behavior, and drug or alcohol abuse are strictly prohibited on church premises. Any person exhibiting such behavior will be required to leave the premises.
9. Any person or group must sign the “Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement” form prior to reservation of church facilities.
For all non-church-sponsored events, the group or person using the facilities must obtain liability insurance coverage.
I affirm that:
1. I understand that the church does not allow its facilities to be used in a way that contradicts its faith or by persons or groups holding beliefs that contradict the church’s faith.
2. To the best of my knowledge the purpose for which I am requesting use of church facilities will not contradict the church’s faith, and I commit to promptly disclose any potential conflict of which I am aware or become aware to church staff.
3. I am not aware of any beliefs that are professed by me or the organization I represent and which is requesting use of the church’s facilities that contradict the beliefs of the church. I agree to promptly disclose any potential conflicts in belief to church staff.
4. I understand that upon approval of my facilities use request, I will need to provide a non-refundable security deposit in the amount of $250.00, a certificate of liability insurance coverage, and any other fees required by the church.
5. I understand that the church does not allow its facilities to be generally available to the public, and that my use of these facilities is subject to the elder board’s approval, which is conditioned in part on my agreement to the requirements in “CLF Facility Use Policy,” a copy of which I have read and understood.
6. I understand that I will be responsible for any damages to the church facilities resulting from this proposed use of facilities.
7. The church believes disputes are to be worked out between parties without recourse to the courts. See, generally, Matthew Chapter 18 and 1 Corinthians Chapter 6. Accordingly, users of the facility agree to attempt resolution of any disputes through Christian mediation.
*By clicking the "submit" button, you hereby agree to all sections listed under Agreements.